ESPE Abstracts (2019) 92 P3-312

Emotional Status Instability and Body Mass Index as Predictive Markers for Dopamine System Dysfunction Evaluation in Pubertal Age Children

Liudmila Viazava1, Anzhalika Solntsava2, Elena Zaytseva3

1Republican Center of Medical Rehabilitation and Balneotherapy, Minsk, Belarus. 2Belarusian State Medical University, Minsk, Belarus. 3National Institute for Higher Education, Minsk, Belarus

Study aim was to create a prognostic algorithm of dopamine system dysfunction in pubertal age children, based on emotional instability markers, depending on body mass index and pubertal periods.

Materials and Methods: Study subjects comprised 120 children (11.6 – 17.9 y/o, the 2nd – 5th Tanner stages) from Belarusian population between 2015 and 2017. Emotional status instability sings were obtained using the Depression self-rating scale (DSRC). The depression development risk (total DSRC score) and depressive signs (no depression; one depressive episode; presence of depression) were evaluated. Corresponding to BMI SDS, patients were divided into: the 1 st group - normal weight (NW) children, the 2nd one – simple healthy obesity (SHO) and the 3rd –extreme obesity (EO). Data were analyzed in mind to gender (male, female) and Tanner scale (early puberty (EP) and late puberty (LP) subgroups). Blood dopamine (D) concentration were detected in 88 patients using immunosorbent assay (ELISA). Agreeing with quartile measure of D levels, children were divided into: the 1st subgroup (low D concentration: < 10.9 pg/ml); the 2nd (moderately decreased concentration:10.9–16.17 pg/ml); the 3rd (moderately increased levels: 16.17–19.3 pg/ml); the 4th (high concentration: > 19.3 pg/ml). Statistical analysis made by means of Spearman nonparametric correlations (r) and mathematical modeling methods (p <0.05).

Results: We have got math model based on characteristics of emotional status instability and BMI, in the LP age children regardless of BMI. This model can use to predict the likelihood of dopamine system dysfunction in these subjects. For instance: a LP age patient with the presence of depression will have moderately decreased D concentration with 33.3% probability, moderately elevated - 16.7%, and high D levels - 50% (p=0.016). We had similar math model in adolescents with obesity. For instace: an obese adolescent with the presence of depression will have moderately reduced blood D level with 50% chance; moderately elevated D - in 33.3% and high neuropeptide in - 16.7% (p=0.05). Based on these two models, we created the prognostic algorithm for identifying of dopamine system dysfunction in adolescents.

Conclusions: Obtained prognostic math models could be used to evaluate dopamine concentration ranges based on the likelihood of depressive sins in obese adolescents (p=0.05) and in LP age patients (p=0.016) regardless of BMI. Based on the developed math models, we construct the diagnostic algorithm of dopamine system dysfunction, using BMI, puberty period and emotional status characteristics in adolescents.

Article tools

My recent searches

No recent searches.